- 1 Overview
- 2 Average Penis Size
- 3 How Much Does It Cost?
- 4 Ideal Candidates For Penis Enlargement Surgery
- 5 How Does this Procedure Work?
- 6 Lifestyle Changes for Increased Size & Better Sex
- 7 Things to Think About
- 8 The goal for Penis Enlargement Surgery
- 9 Is this Procedure Always Successful?
- 10 Pros & Cons of Penis Enlargement Surgery
- 11 Penis Enlargement Surgery Before & Aftercare
- 12 The bottom Line
Many men experience chronic anxiety because they believe their penises are too small to be attractive or satisfy a devotee. The male enhancement industry continues to thrive as more men study their options for penis enlargement. Surgical and nonsurgical treatments exist, but none are completely reliable and everyone has possible adverse side effects.
This article examines the effectiveness and safety of varied penis enlargement options. It also reviews average penis size, ideal candidates for penis enlargement surgery, different surgical approaches, before and aftercare tips, and various lifestyle changes which will likely enhance your sex life without the necessity for surgery.
Average Penis Size
It is important to understand that the dimensions of your penis don’t determine whether you’re a sensitive and giving lover or not. Many partners don’t care about penis size nearly the maximum amount as they desire intimacy, romance, and a real bond during sex.
The good news for several men is that the typical penis size is smaller than typically assumed. consistent with the Journal of Sexual Medicine, a study of quite 15,000 men from around the world found that:
- The average flaccid penis is 3.61 inches (9.16 cm) long
- The average flaccid penis is 3.66 inches (9.31 cm) in diameter
- The average erect penis is 5.16 in (13.12 cm) long
- The average erect penis is 4.59 in (11.66 cm) in diameter
The authors of the study estimated that only about 5% of men have penises longer than 6.29 inches (16 cm) when fully erect. Roughly another 5% have penises that are shorter than 3.94 inches (10 cm).
When an erect penis is a smaller amount than 3 inches (7.5 cm), the condition is named “micropenis”. Men who consistently feel that their penises are too small, or that other men’s are much larger, could also be diagnosed with a condition called “penile dysmorphophobia disorder” (PDD). a person who feels his partner will think his penis is just too small may have “small penis anxiety” (SPA).
Even if your penis is smaller than average, your partner might not worry. If you continue to feel negative about the dimensions of your penis, then talk together with your doctor about the subsequent nonsurgical and surgical penis enlargement options.
How Much Does It Cost?
Penuma is that the only penis enlargement surgery cleared for commercial use under the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) 510(k) regulation. The device is FDA-cleared for cosmetic enhancement.
The procedure has an out-of-pocket penis enlargement surgery cost in usa of about $15,000 with an upfront $1,000 deposit.
Penuma is currently not covered by insurance, and not cleared to treat male erecticle dysfunction.
James Elist, MD, FACS, FICS, of Beverly Hills, California, founded the procedure. He’s currently one of the sole two certified practitioners.
Read on to find out more about how the Penuma procedure works, the risks, and whether it’s proven to successfully enlarge a penis.
Ideal Candidates For Penis Enlargement Surgery
Penis enlargement surgery could also be recommended to enhance or restore sexual or urinary penile function in those with congenital or acquired micropenis. this sort of procedure can also benefit men with Peyronie’s disease, a condition typically marked by crooked and/or painful erections, and penile tissue damage during intercourse.
A man with a normal-sized penis can also be an honest candidate for an enlargement surgery if he:
- Believes that having a bigger penis will increase his sexual prowess and confidence
- Feels that his penis is disproportionately small relative to the remainder of his body
- Has a medical condition that has caused penile shrinking
All candidates for penis enlargement surgery should be in healthiness and have a positive attitude about having it performed. it’s also important to take care of a sensible expectation about the possible results. Some surgeries don’t go as planned and final results after healing can’t be guaranteed. Irreversible penile disfigurement is feasible.
How Does this Procedure Work?
The Penuma may be a crescent-shaped piece of medical-grade silicone inserted under your penis skin to form your penis longer and wider. It’s provided in three sizes: large, extra-large, and extra-extra-large.
The tissues that give your penis its shape are composed largely of two types:
- Corpus cavernosa: two cylindrical pieces of tissue that run parallel to every other along the highest of your penis
- Corpus spongiosum: one cylindrical piece of tissue that runs along the rock bottom of your penis and surrounds your urethra, where urine comes out
Your Penuma device is going to be designed to suit your specific penis shape. It’s inserted into your shaft over the corpus cavernosal, sort of a sheath.
This is done through an incision in your groin area just above the bottom of your penis. The device stretches the penis skin and tissues to form your penis look and feel larger.
According to Dr. Elist’s website, people that have had the Penuma procedure report increase length and girth (measurement around their penis) of about 1.5 to 2.5 inches, while flaccid and erect.
The average male penis is about 3.6 inches long (3.7 inches in girth) when flaccid, and 5.2 inches long (4.6 inches in girth) when erect.
The Penuma could enlarge the typical penis up to a length of 6.1 inches when flaccid, and 7.7 inches when erect.
Lifestyle Changes for Increased Size & Better Sex
If you’re considering a penis enlargement procedure to reinforce your sex life, then it’s good to believe in some lifestyle changes which will help first before undergoing invasive surgery:
- Exercising regularly to enhance health, build confidence, and visually increase the dimensions of the penis
- Stop smoking, as studies have shown an increased risk of ED and impotence in men who smoke
- Have open conversations about sexual preferences together with your partner
- Being attentive to your partner’s needs generally
Before going ahead with an idea to possess your penis enlarged by any method, it’s knowing to spend a while considering other ways to reinforce your self-confidence, physical attractiveness, and sex life. Take some time and make certain that surgical correction is basically what you would like.
Things to Think About
Here are some key facts about Penuma surgery:
- If you aren’t already circumcised, you’ll get to do that before the procedure.
- You can head home an equivalent day because of the procedure.
- You’ll get to arrange a ride to and from the procedure.
- The procedure generally takes 45 minutes to an hour to finish.
- Your surgeon will use general anesthesia to stay you asleep during the procedure.
- You’ll return for a follow-up visit two to 3 days later.
- Your penis is going to be swollen for a couple of weeks after the surgery.
- You’ll get to abstain from masturbation and sexual intercourse for about six weeks.
- Are there any side effects or risks?
- As with any surgery, risks are related to the utilization of anesthesia.
Common side effects of anesthesia include:
- hoarse voice
Anesthesia also can increase your risk of:
- heart attack
The Penuma website reports that you simply may experience pain with erection, and a few loss of penis sensation, during the primary few weeks. These are usually temporary.
If these side effects last for quite a couple of days, see your doctor. In some cases, removing and reinserting the Penuma can alleviate these side effects.
According to an evaluation of men who underwent this sort of surgery, possible complications include:
- perforation and infection of the implant
- stitches coming apart (suture detachment)
- implant breaking up
- blood clots in penile tissue
Also, after surgery, your penis may look significantly bulkier or not shaped to your liking.
Make sure you discuss realistic expectations for your penis appearance together with your surgeon before you’ve got the procedure.
The goal for Penis Enlargement Surgery
There are not any reputable medical organizations that recommend penis enlargement surgery solely for cosmetic reasons. it’s recommended only in cases where a medical condition like micropenis interferes with normal penile function or quality of life.
However, penis enlargement surgery cost in usa surgical procedures to extend the length of the penis still gain popularity, even among men with normal-sized penises. In many cases, patients unknowingly suffer from PDD, believing that their penises are too small relative to those of most other men.
Micropenis is often congenital or acquired, and necessitate penile elongation surgery. 2017 research from Western University asserts, “The goal of intervention in these patients is to revive a functional penis size to permit normal standing micturition, enable satisfying sexual activity, and improve patient quality of life.”
The Mayo Clinic reports that there are no reliable thanks to increasing the length or girth of the penis. Remember that your partner might not be nearly as concerned about it as you’re. Honest communication about sexual preferences and desires often sparks renewed libido and increased satisfaction in both partners without the necessity for surgically lengthening the penis.
Is this Procedure Always Successful?
According to the Penuma website, the success rate of this procedure is high. Most side effects or complications are purportedly thanks to people not following surgical aftercare instructions.
The Journal of Sexual Medicine reported on a surgical study evaluation of 400 men who underwent the Penuma procedure. The study found that 81 percent rated their satisfaction with their results a minimum of “high” or “very high.”
A small number of subjects experienced complications including seroma, scarring, and infection. And, 3 percent needed to possess the devices removed thanks to problems following the procedure.
Pros & Cons of Penis Enlargement Surgery
The American Society for Aesthetic cosmetic surgery (ASAPS) reports the most benefits of penis enlargement are increased:
- Penis length and width
- Self-esteem and self-confidence
- Sense of sexual potency and overall masculinity
Conversely, a number of the cons related to this sort of procedure include results that don’t meet the patient’s expectations, scarring, reduced penile sensitivity, less rigid erections, and irreversible disfigurement.
It is important to carefully consider having any sort of surgery performed. Completing exhaustive and thorough research is extremely important, and make certain to deal with all questions and concerns together with your surgeon before committing.
Penis Enlargement Surgery Before & Aftercare
For some patients, a penis enlargement surgery can create a replacement sense of well-being and masculinity by adding length and girth to the penis. Subsequently, this will cause stronger self-assurance, increased confidence, and a greater quality of life in various areas.
If you’re considering this sort of penis surgery, then it’ll be helpful to know the fundamentals of what to expect before and after the procedure. Here are some key facts to know:
- The surgery typically takes but 2 hours to perform
- Most patients can return home on the day of the surgery
- You should arrange for somebody to require you to and from the surgery clinic
- Expect redness, swelling, and a few pain for 2-3 weeks after the surgery
- Sexual activity including masturbation isn’t recommended for 6 weeks after surgery
Your surgeon will offer you an inventory of pre- and post-operative instructions to encourage healing and recovery. These may include ensuring adequate hydration and stopping smoking before the surgery, discontinuing the utilization of blood thinners like aspirin, and ensuring that you simply have realistic expectations about the procedure results.
The Penuma procedure is dear, yet some may find it worthwhile.
The makers of Pneuma report a high rate of customer satisfaction with the implants and increased levels of self-confidence. For some, it also can end in unwanted, sometimes permanent side effects.
If you’re concerned about the length and girth of your penis, talk together with your doctor. they’ll be ready to recommend nonsurgical options that will assist you to achieve your required result.